Long hair is a touchy subject for any woman, as a suitable haircut can change your entire look. And because it often happens to have no time for an appointment at the salon and the ends of our hair gives an unpleasant aspect, we have found an extremely simple solution to cut your own hair at home. You need a pair of scissors and a comb.
Below we are going to present you how to get a haircut, in a quick and easy way, without spending any money. Even Hollywood stars like Beyoncé have confessed that they used this method. Try This!
Rules to follow when you cut your own hair
- For starters, buy a scissors sharp enough from a shop or beauty parlors. Avoid using scissors or paper materials because they are too blunt to cut effectively every lock of hair.
- Wash your hair and comb it carefully, but don’t dry out. On a damp hair you can see much better the split ends and the correct length. Keep near you a water spray bottle to wet the hair as it begins to dry.
- Catch a clip section of hair from the top of the head. Depending on the thickness of hair, divide it into several sections, and cut starting with the bottom layer.
- Cut the split ends about 6 mm higher than the affected area. Grab a section of hair between the index finger and of non-dominant hand (right hand if you’re left-handed or left hand if you’re right handed). Strand down with fingers on top of the section until you reach the wanted length and cut it.
- Keep scissors parallel and just below the fingers that hold the hair tightly. Cut slowly and let the locks fall while keeping your fingers in the same position.
- After you have finished the first section of haircut, check the length to be equal. Grab with your hand (the forefinger and index finger) a section on each side of the face and measure the correct length. If we see any stray hair, cut it. Repeat the process for each section of hair to finish.
- Dry your hair and check again if it is cut evenly.
How to cut your own hair only: Tips
– Next time you go to the salon to get a haircut, notice how your stylist works and copy his moves.
– If is the first time you try to get a haircut, do not choose short hair. In case you fail, you can go to a salon professional for final touches.
– Keep in mind that curly or wavy hair is longer when is wet. Therefore, make sure you always cut less than your desired length because loops twist after it dries.
– Be careful to have of two mirrors to see back hair length.
– You can stick a piece of tape on the hair that you are going to cut.